The Manager, Financial and Capital Reporting is responsible for overseeing (the) financial reporting obligations for the University ensuring financial information is accurate and completed to meet deadlines, often with tight and non-negotiable timelines.
The position oversees the production and accuracy of financial reports to the Ministry and other external agencies, including but not limited to annual Financial Statements, CAUBO, Appendix C, Operating and Capital Forecasts, Charity Returns, Statement of Financial Information, Capital Accountability Reports.
Areas of responsibility include external and internal financial reporting and systems, information analysis and performance monitoring; and keeping abreast of changes in regulatory and accounting standards and incorporating changes into the related financial reports.
– Professional Accounting Designation (CPA).
– Five (5) years of progressive experience with an emphasis on accounting, financial reporting preferably in a complex unionized, public-sector environment.
– Strong technical knowledge of Public Sector Accounting Standards.
– Demonstrated management experience, resulting in meeting deadlines, service quality, and systems efficiency.
– Advanced demonstrated knowledge of accounting for capital assets and debt management.
– Proven ability to communicate complex technical accounting issues in a clear and concise manner.
– Proven interpersonal skills and communication skills, both written and verbal.
– Proven ability to exercise tact, diplomacy, and maintain confidentiality.
– Strong technical abilities and financial systems experience, including Microsoft Office (Excel and Access), and integrated ERP systems (Banner). Millennium FAST and Caseware preferred.
The University of the Fraser Valley is located on the traditional territory of the Halq’eméylem-speaking peoples. We express our gratitude and respect for the honour of living and working in Stó:lo Temexw (Stó:lo Land; Stó:lo World). In all that we do, UFV strives to support and honour the Stó:lo peoples goals of self-determination and well-being on these lands. A commitment to Indigenization and Reconciliation is core to our institutional Vision and Integrated Strategic Plan: IYAQAWTXW — which means House of Transformation. This commitment includes the goal of centering Indigenous ways of knowing throughout our organization, recognizing our responsibilities to community, and a multi-year plan to increase the number of Indigenous faculty, staff, and administrators working at UFV.
UFV has four campus locations within the beautiful Fraser Valley in British Columbia. Recognized as one of BC’s top employers, UFV offers a combination of career and lifestyle benefits. Join a team of 1,400 passionate professionals who value integrity, inclusivity and excellence. At UFV, you will serve a vibrant community, and shape the future of 15,000 students.
Indigenization, equity, and diversity are essential to our work as a university. A diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been historically underrepresented and marginalized. At UFV, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we proudly serve. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, members of groups that experience discrimination due to race, colour, place of origin, ancestry, and/or religion, persons who identify as women and 2SLGBTQ+, and persons with disabilities. We invite applicants to complete a confidential self-identification survey as part of the application process. All questions are voluntary, with an option to decline to answer. Information will be used to support efforts to broaden the diversity of the recruitment process, and results are not shared with the selection committee. Inquiries about the survey may be directed to email@example.com. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion here: www.ufv.ca/president/
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. In an effort to be both environmentally and fiscally responsible, UFV will contact only candidates receiving an interview. We thank all applicants for considering UFV for employment. Shortlisted applicants may be required to undergo a criminal record check and/ or a verification of their education credentials.
UFV is committed to the principle of equity in employment.