The Rowe School of Business invites applications for a ten-month limited-term appointment in Accountancy at the rank of Lecturer or Assistant Professor commencing July 1, 2022.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the accountancy area and will also be expected to contribute to the academic life of the School.
Necessary qualifications, experience and skills
• Bachelor of Commerce degree and Canadian CPA, CA designation is required
• Experience teaching accounting at the university level; preference given to a candidate with in-person teaching financial accounting/reporting and management accounting experience for the CPA Professional Education Program (CPA PEP) modules: Core 1, Core 2, Assurance, Finance, Performance Management and/or Capstone 1.
• Preference given for candidates experience teaching CPA PEP’s Capstone 2 module (marking, and/or overseeing markers for “CFE prep” cases and/or session leading the in-person workshop)
• Evidence of accounting teaching effectiveness through student evaluation and supervisor/administrator attestation (recommendation letter/s) is preferred
• Demonstrated potential to contribute to the Faculty through administrative service
• Record of engagement in accounting education leadership through activity at CPA Canada (preferred) or other relevant professional accounting organizations
• Ability to meet the School’s accrediting body’s (AACSB) qualification requirements through professional qualifications (substantive and current professional background and experience) is preferred.
The Rowe School of Business is part of the Faculty of Management, which has a unique commitment to values-based management and interdisciplinary research and learning. Thus, the successful candidate may have opportunities to work with like-minded colleagues in the sister Schools of Public Administration, Information Management, and Resource and Environmental Studies within the Faculty.
Information about the Rowe School of Business and its programs may be found at http://www.dal.ca/faculty/
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit https://www.dal.ca/
Dalhousie’s vaccine mandate has been suspended at this time, and employees no longer need to provide proof of full vaccination. However, health and safety risks to our community will continue to be monitored and a vaccine mandate may be reinstated if necessary.
Applications must be submitted electronically through https://dal.peopleadmin.ca/
Review of applications will begin June 15th, 2022 and continue until the position is filled.