The Department of Accounting and Business Analytics is accepting applications for a full-time Academic Teaching Staff position for a 3 year term appointment beginning July 1, 2021. (Position will remain opened until filled)
Reporting to the Department Chair, the position will include the following responsibilities:
• Teach a diverse set of business analytics courses (8 sections) to undergraduate and graduate students, including introductory and elective course on business analytics, machine learning, data science, visualization, and statistical computing.
• Prepare course syllabi, course materials, assignments, exams, and assign grades.
• Evaluate student performance progress and provide appropriate and timely feedback according to department protocols.
• Teach various lab sessions in addition to the courses taught, to provide students with hands-on experience with computing and analysis.
• Remain abreast of relevant literature in business analytics as it applies to teaching.
• Participate in department activities, including advising student clubs and coaching students for case competitions.
• Develop curriculum and materials for new business analytics courses.
• A graduate degree (master’s or PhD) in a discipline that is relevant to business analytics, such as operations research, operations management, industrial engineering, statistics, information systems, or computer science.
• Demonstrated teaching excellence at the post-secondary level.
• Relevant industry experience will be considered an asset.
• Expert knowledge of business analytics software and programming languages, such as Python, R, SAS, and Tableau.
• Experience supervising undergraduate and graduate students will be considered an asset.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Facilitation, negotiation and problem-solving skills and an ability to handle challenging student situations.
• Knowledge of business intelligence, data modeling, and business analysis will be considered an asset.
The Alberta School of Business is one of the world’s leading institutions of business education and research. Since 1916, the innovative ideas, entrepreneurial spirit and leadership of the School’s more than 26,000 alumni have strengthened businesses and communities worldwide. Our vision is simple, yet powerful: To develop and inspire entrepreneurial leaders from Alberta for the World. For more information about the School, please visit our website ualberta.ca/business. For more information about the Department of Accounting and Business Analytics, please see: https://www.ualberta.ca/
Applications should include a curriculum vitae outlining teaching and administrative experience, any available teaching ratings, and the names of three referees who have been asked to send confidential letters of assessment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience in accordance with the Academic Teaching Staff Agreement. To assist the University in complying with mandatory reporting requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (R203(3) (e)), please include the first digit of your Canadian Social Insurance Number in your application. If you do not have a Canadian Social Insurance Number, please indicate this in your application.
Please send applications through e-mail (PDF files) to:
Dr. Karim Jamal, Chair
Department of Accounting and Business Analytics
Alberta School of Business, University of Alberta
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.
You must be logged in to post a comment.