Posted Date: 24-Mar-2022 Closing Date: 06-Apr-2022
Appointment Start Date: 01-Aug-2022
Web: Vancouver Island University, Canada – Bachelor & Master Degrees (viu.ca)
• Develop and prepare lessons, instruct, assess and grade student achievement in undergraduate, post-degree diploma and graduate programs.
• Assist students individually through scheduled office hours; participate in scholarly activities; department, faculty, and institution-wide projects and committees.
• Position 1585, instructional areas in Quantitative Methods & Finance: Statistics, econometrics, data analytics, quantitative finance, management information systems, corporate finance, fintech. Note the areas you are qualified to teach on your application.
• Position 1586, instructional areas in Finance: Corporate Finance, Security Analysis, Portfolio Analysis and Multinational Corporate Finance are required. Additional areas include: Fixed Income, Derivatives, Banking and Global Financial Institutions.
• See the on-line VIU course calendar at Business and Management Programs | VIU | Canada for program information and course descriptions.
• Candidates must demonstrate commitment to teaching, learning and student success through scholarship and institutional service.
• Successful candidates will participate in a wide range of activities outside the classroom, including student support; institutional, faculty and departmental committee meetings and other initiatives; and professional activities in keeping with their disciplines in and outside the institution.
• A doctoral degree (or ABD) with an appropriate specialization from an appropriately accredited institution is required.
• Academic qualifications will be supported by recent business experience at a managerial level; relevant teaching experience. Demonstrated competency at working effectively in a team-oriented environment.
• The successful candidate will have a strong focus on teaching and student learning and will be responsive to diverse learning styles, cultural and academic backgrounds.
• International experience; relevant research presentations and publications; professional memberships; relevant applied certifications.
• Short-listed candidates must provide original transcripts, or applicable original certifications at time of interview.
• All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
• Vancouver Island University (VIU) is collectively committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive working and learning environment for faculty, staff, and students. In our journey towards greater diversity we invite applications from members of equity-seeking communities including women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all gender identities and sexual orientations who bring value to the VIU community through their lived experiences. We encourage members of all equity-seeking groups to self-identify within their application cover letter. When a candidate voluntarily discloses this information in their cover letter, the information will be used only for the fulfillment of the career opportunity. Disclosure and/or self-identification with an equity-seeking group will not lead to advantageous treatment of a candidate who is not qualified.
You must be logged in to post a comment.