The Haskayne School of Business at the University of Calgary invites applications for an appointment in Entrepreneurship & Innovation Area, at the rank of Assistant Professor (Tenure-track), or Associate or Full Professor (with Tenure). The start date is July 1, 2020, with the option to negotiate a January 1, 2021 start date.
Candidates must have:
• A PhD in Business or Management with a focus on entrepreneurship, innovation or a related discipline
• Evidence of, or potential for, publishing in high quality journals
• Teaching and research interests in the area of entrepreneurship and innovation
• A willingness to undertake graduate student supervision and teach doctoral-level courses in entrepreneurship and innovation
• For the Associate Professor position, a minimum of five years of experience in an academic position focused in the area related to entrepreneurship and innovation
• For the Full Professor position, a minimum of ten years of experience in an academic position focused in the area related to entrepreneurship and innovation
• A demonstrated willingness to provide service to the university and to interact with the business community
Key requirements of the positions include:
• High-quality research and knowledge dissemination
• Securing research funding
• Teaching at the graduate and undergraduate levels
• Working with colleagues on interdisciplinary research initiatives, programme development and implementation
• Meaningful engagement with the business school’s entrepreneurship centres, e.g., the Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, the Trico Foundation Social Entrepreneurship Centre, and/or the Creative Destruction Lab – Rockies
• Engagement with local, national and international professional and other communities
The normal teaching load in the Haskayne School of Business is two courses per semester (four per year). A reduced teaching load may be negotiated in the first years. Research support may be offered to all new hires.
Applicants at the Assistant Professor rank must have completed or near completion of a doctoral degree or equivalent, will demonstrate the desire and potential to be a teacher in a professional faculty, and will provide evidence of past and/or potential excellence in scholarship.
Applicants at the Associate/Full Professor rank must possess a doctoral degree or equivalent in entrepreneurship or other closely related field. They must provide evidence of success in teaching entrepreneurship or related subjects in a professional faculty, have an active research and publication track record, demonstrate potential for continued meaningful contributions to the field, and provide evidence of raising funds to support research centers and student experiences.
We are seeking candidates who are aligned with the business school’s aspiration to be an internationally recognized centre of excellence for business education, research, and community outreach, with a special emphasis on entrepreneurship, which is one of the distinct elements that define Calgary and Alberta.
Accredited by AACSB International, the Haskayne School of Business is a progressive and innovative business school. We serve more than 4,000 full- and part-time students enrolled in bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate programs, as well as over 1,300 executive education program participants. The school plays an important role in shaping the next generation of leaders in Canada’s most enterprising city and has over 25,000 alumni in over 89 countries worldwide. The vision of the Haskayne School of Business is to be a place where big ideas come to life and bold leaders thrive. Haskayne’s mission is to create innovative research, unparalleled learning opportunities and meaningful engagement with our community.
The Haskayne School of Business offers a full range of degree programs including: Bachelor of Commerce; Master of Management; Master of Business Administration (MBA); Executive MBA; Global Energy Executive MBA; PhD in Management; Doctor of Business Administration (DBA); an interdisciplinary Master of Science degree in Sustainable Energy Development; and a full range of open and customized Executive Education programs.
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit an application online at the University of Calgary Careers site (https://careers.ucalgary.ca). Please be aware that the application process allows for only four attachments. Your four application attachments should be organized to contain the following (which may require you to merge documents): Applicants should submit:
1. a cover letter
2. a curriculum vitae
3. a teaching philosophy statement or a teaching dossier (including summary of teaching evaluations)
4. a brief research statement outlining the research achievements and a research agenda for the next five years
5. three letters of reference (will be requested only for short-listed candidates)
Please address the documents to:
Dr. Michael Robinson, Chair, Entrepreneurship and Innovation Area Recruiting Committee,
Haskayne School of Business University of Calgary
2500 University Drive N.W.
Canada T2N 1N4
For questions regarding this position, please email: Enti_recruiting2020@haskayne.
Application Deadline: March 30, 2020
For more information and to apply: https://business.careers.
The University of Calgary recognizes that a diverse staff/faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research experiences of the entire campus and greater community. We are committed to removing barriers that have been historically encountered by some people in our society. We strive to recruit individuals who will further enhance our diversity and will support their academic and professional success while they are here. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. In this connection, at the time of your application, please answer the following question: Are you a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada? (Yes/No)
To learn more about academic opportunities at the University of Calgary and all we have to offer, view our Academic Careers website. For more information about the Haskayne School of Business visit Careers in the Haskayne School of Business.
About the University of Calgary
The University of Calgary is Canada’s leading next-generation university – a living, growing and youthful institution that embraces change and opportunity with a can-do attitude. Located in the nation’s most enterprising city, the university is making tremendous progress on its Eyes High journey to be recognized as one of Canada’s top five research universities, grounded in innovative learning and teaching and fully integrated with the community it both serves and leads. The University of Calgary inspires and supports discovery, creativity and innovation across all disciplines. For more information, visit ucalgary.ca.
About Calgary, Alberta
Calgary is one of the world’s cleanest cities and has been named one of the world’s most livable cities for years. Calgary is a city of leaders – in business, community, philanthropy and volunteerism. Calgarians benefit from a growing number of world-class dining and cultural events and enjoy more days of sunshine per year than any other major Canadian city. Calgary is less than an hour’s drive from the majestic Rocky Mountains and boasts the most extensive urban pathway and bikeway network in North America.