The Management Information Systems department at the Faculty of Business Administration of Université Laval is inviting applications for two tenure-track faculty positions. Candidates from all university ranks will be accepted.
• Teaching undergraduate, masters and doctoral students, in subjects related to management information systems.
• Conducting research in management information systems and related subjects.
• Supervising the research activities of graduate and doctoral students (thesis, and essays) and participating in continuing education activities.
• Contributing to the life of the department, school and university.
• Developing links with the academia and business communities.
• Hold a Ph.D. degree in business administration with a specialization in management information systems or equivalent. Candidates may be in the process of completing their doctoral studies in this field.
• Have an excellent publication record or demonstrate a strong potential for future publications;
• Be able to teach in the subjects related to MIS;
• Demonstrate research interests compatible with those of the MIS Department;
• During a presentation to the department members of the candidate’s research, demonstrate the ability to transmit research results effectively and explain the scientific implications and practical contributions to business management;
• During a presentation to the department members, demonstrate the ability to develop links with the academia and business communities;
• During a presentation to the department members, demonstrate the ability to deliver high quality instruction in the field of expertise;
• Have the aptitude for communicating and teaching in French, as well as a mastery of English; For those who don’t know French will get 2-3 years to learn French.
• Be familiar with the other disciplines of business administration;
• Demonstrate the ability to obtain research funding.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AND TREATMENT
Salary according to the current collective agreement at Université Laval.
For further information on research activities related to the position, candidates are invited to consult the department website at: https://www4.fsa.ulaval.ca/la-faculte/departements-et-ecole/departement-desystemes-dinformation organisationnels/
June 1st, 2020
The files will be analyzed as and when they are received. Virtual pre-interviews will be held for successful applications. Campus visits will take place from the beginning of January to the end of February. Pre interviews can also be done at the ICIS 2019 or HICSS 2020 conferences. Please indicate your presence at one of these two conferences to get in touch with the professors who will attend.
Application deadline: November 15, 2019
TERMS OF DEMAND
The application package must include copies of diplomas conferred, a letter of intention and detailed curriculum vitae presenting experience, publications and ongoing research.
Applications can be sent by email to: email@example.com
Or by mail to:
Management Information Systems Department
Faculté des sciences de l’administration – Pavillon Palasis-Prince
2325, rue de la Terrasse, office 1509