The Ron Joyce Centre for Business Studies/Commerce Department at Mount Allison University invites applications for a tenure-track appointment in Accounting at the Lecturer or Assistant Professor level, to begin on July 1, 2023, subject to budgetary approval.
Responsibilities include undergraduate teaching, developing a research program, supervising undergraduate research and experiential learning student projects, advising students, and various university and departmental service activities.
- PhD (or near completion) in Accounting or related discipline with the ability to teach in Accounting is required
- Applicants with a CPA or Accounting designation and Master’s degree with teaching and research related activities may be considered
- Experience teaching foundational and advanced principles in accounting at the undergraduate level
- Potential to engage in high quality research, including attracting research funding, publishing research, developing research collaborations, and demonstrating future research impacts through traditional and non-traditional avenues
- Demonstrate a commitment to high quality undergraduate teaching and engagement
Candidates must submit the following as a single, merged PDF:
- A cover letter summarizing their teaching interests and specific accounting courses they are interested in teaching, research interests, and citizenship status
- Curriculum vitae
- A statement of research interests
- Copies of their most recent reprints (no more than two)
- Teaching dossier (including a statement of their teaching philosophy and evidence of teaching ability/effectiveness)
- Names and contact information of three individuals who will submit reference letters
- When submitting the application, use the email subject heading: Tenure Track Position in Accounting
Complete applications must be submitted as a single, merged PDF file to: email@example.com
A review of applications will begin on January 23, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Canadians and permanent residents should indicate their citizenship status in their application.
The Commerce Department offers undergraduates programs including a Bachelor of Commerce with an honours program, B.A. Commerce majors and minors, and a Bachelor of Commerce with an Aviation specialism. Commerce students at MtA complete a minor in another discipline as well as degree requirements elsewhere in the university. Faculty contribute teaching to the core of the program and to their areas of specialism.
Faculty are research active with local, national and international collaborators and lead community-engaged research and experiential learning projects involving undergraduate students. Currently, faculty members hold grants with Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council, New Brunswick Innovation Foundation (NBIF) and Co-operative Education and Work-Integrated Learning Canada (CEWIL).
Experiential learning has long been a distinguishing feature of the Commerce program with individual faculty members regularly designing and delivering course-related experiential and work-integrated-learning opportunities ranging from guest speakers and field trips, knowledge mobilization projects, research and organizational quality assurance projects, live case studies, student summer research opportunities and case competitions, as well as mentorships and internships.
Mount Allison University
Mount Allison University is a primarily undergraduate liberal arts and sciences university with approximately 2,300 students located in Sackville, New Brunswick on the East Coast of Canada. The University has been ranked the top undergraduate university in Canada by Maclean’s magazine’s annual University Rankings more times than any other university.
Mount Allison acknowledges, honours, and respects that the land named Sackville, NB is part of the unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People who are the historic inhabitants, custodians, and dwellers on the land where our University is built and confirms its commitment to strengthening relationships with all Indigenous people.
Mount Allison is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage applications from members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual and gender identities. We seek candidates with qualifications and knowledge to contribute specifically to the further diversification of our campus community.
You must be logged in to post a comment.