Polytechnique Montréal promotes excellence, creativity, integrity, collaboration, respect, openness and diversity. Recognized as one of Montreal’s best employers, it offers excellent working conditions, notably by fostering its employees’ work-life balance and well-being. Polytechnique has an equal access employment program and encourages women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be provided at the request of persons with disabilities or based on other characteristics. Applying to Polytechnique means taking a leap toward a rewarding career and opening up to a world of opportunities.
Located on Mount Royal, an exceptional setting in the heart of Montreal, Polytechnique is a world-renowned engineering university that operates in a STARS certified environment. It excels in multidisciplinary and multisectoral research and in high-quality training at all academic levels. Founded in 1873, Polytechnique Montréal now numbers more than eight thousand five hundred students and relies on the expertise of more than a thousand persons with a wide variety of qualifications. In advocating sustainable development, Polytechnique stands out by its leading-edge innovations and its active role in technological, economic and social development. Polytechnique positions itself locally, nationally and internationally by favouring synergy among research ecosystems.
With 46 professors and 10 teachers, the Department of Mathematics and Industrial Engineering is responsible for many programs and courses within the institution: an undergraduate program in industrial engineering; professional master’s and specialized graduate programs (DESS) in industrial engineering; master’s research and doctoral programs in industrial engineering and applied mathematics; as well as all mathematics and complementary studies courses.
The department is seeking a professor of organizational change. The successful candidate will develop a research program in his or her area of specialization. In addition, she or he will teach in a variety of existing and future programs, at all academic levels, notably in industrial engineering, technological project management, innovation management, health systems engineering, and organization resilience.
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the duties of this position with a dynamic and creative approach. In particular, he/she will:
• demonstrate a commitment to teaching excellence at all undergraduate and graduate levels;
• supervise undergraduate and graduate students;
• carry out innovative research projects;
• obtain grants and contracts aimed at training highly qualified personnel through research work;
• publish the scientific results of his or her research;
• collaborate with the teaching and research activities of the Department;
• collaborate with other research teams within Polytechnique Montréal or other institutions;
• contribute to the outreach of Polytechnique Montréal in Québec and internationally.
AREA OF EXPERTISE
The department is seeking a professor with recognized expertise in the following areas:
• organizational change management;
• digital and organizational transformation;
• impact of technological change;
• organizational behaviour;
• sociology of organizations.
As soon as possible.
Applicants must hold a doctorate (Ph.D.) in a field relevant to the areas of expertise. They must demonstrate excellent research and teaching skills. Since the language of instruction is French, the successful candidate must have sufficient proficiency in spoken and written French soon after the start of employment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This faculty position is tenure-track. Salary and benefits will be set in accordance with the collective agreement in effect (pdf). The latter includes arrangements for work-life balance and offers maternity, paternity and adoption leaves in addition to the Québec Parental Insurance Plan (http://www.rqap.gouv.qc.ca/).
Candidates are invited to submit an application that includes:
• a detailed CV;
• a description of their area of expertise;
• a description of their teaching and training goals;
• a description of their proposed (future) research objectives and program;
• full contact information for three persons willing to provide reference letter;
• official records of university diplomas;
• a few examples of work relevant to the position, as well as three recent scientific contributions;
• teaching evaluations,if available.
Applications must be received no later than June 15, 2019 at 5:00 p.m ET. Address applications to the attention of:
Professor Michel Gendreau, Director
Department of Mathematics and Industrial Engineering
P.O. Box 6079, Station Centre-ville
Montreal, Québec H3C 3A7
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, in accordance with immigration requirements, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.