ASAC 2022 Key Conference Contacts
|VP Program||VP Program Elect/ Conference Proceedings Editor|
|Mehdi Farashahi||Deryk Stec|
|Conference Co-Manager/ Conference Program Coordinator||Conference Co-Manager/ Web + Logistics Coordinator|
|Marie Lachapelle||Tara McGrath|
|Doctoral Consortium Coordinator||General Conference Inquiries|
ASAC 2022 Divisional timeline
|Nov 22, 20201||Post and distribute Call for Papers, Works-in-progress, Cases, Symposiums and Workshops.
Divisional officers to distribute throughout their networks
|Dec 3, 2021||Distribute request for potential reviewers
Prepare forms and letters for review process
|Dec 10, 2021||Email reminder/ follow up Call for Papers||Divisional officers|
|Dec 20, 2021||Deadline for divisional speaker proposals to be submitted to VP Program||Division Chair|
|Dec 23, 2021||Approval of divisional speaker proposals.||VP Program|
|Jan 7, 2022||Follow up on request for reviewers||Divisional Editor|
|Feb 4, 2022||Email reminder/ follow up Call for Papers||Divisional officers|
|Feb 4, 2022||Confirm divisional speaker acceptance to participate to VP Program||Division Chair|
|Feb 25, 2022||Finalize list of reviewers||VP Program|
|Mar 4, 2022 midnight ET||Submission deadline: papers, works-in-progress, cases, symposiums & workshops|
|Mar 11, 2022||Date by which all submissions are to be distributed to reviewers||Divisional Editor/ Reviewers|
|Apr 1, 2022||Deadline for receipt of reviews||Reviewers/ Divisional Editor|
|Apr 1, 2022||Begin identification of award winning and honourable mention papers||Divisional Editor|
|Apr 8, 2022||Acceptance decisions made; decisions communicated to authors. Award recipients identified and informed.
Indicate to authors the registration deadline (May 7) to be included in the conference program. At least one author must be registered for a paper to be included in the program.
|Apr 14, 2022||Confirm divisional speakers commitment to participate and specific details of session.||Program Coordinator|
|Apr 22, 2022||Begin confirming at least one author per accepted paper is registered for the conference. Send reminder to all accepted/unregistered authors.||Program Coordinator|
|Apr 29, 2022||Deadline for at least one author to be registered – remove papers from program with no authors registered.
Program coordination process to begin.
Conference Program Coordinator
|May 6, 2022||Divisional program complete. Distribute tentative divisional program to divisional members.||Program Coordinator
Conference Program Coordinator
|May 6, 2022||Thank-you letters sent to reviewers||Divisional Editor|
|May 6, 2022||Divisional Proceedings sent to conference proceedings editor||Divisional Editor|
|May 6, 2022||Send Call for Nominations for incoming divisional officers to division members||Division Chair|
|May 13, 2022||Divisional program/full conference schedule finalized; communicated to all participants||Program Coordinator|
|June 3-7, 2022||Chair divisional annual meeting at the ASAC conference||Division Chair|
Communicating with Divisional Members
Our membership system allows for Division Chairs to email their division membership. To do so, you need a separate account on the membership system website. This is different from your ASAC membership account at www.asac.ca. Trish has created each Divisional Chair an account. Instructions for logging in are below. Note that only Division Chairs are being given access to this functionality. If you would like to assign someone else this role please submit a request (from the Chair and the proposed officer) to Tara (email@example.com).
Instructions for contacting divisional members through membership system:
- Go to https://membershipworks.com/admin/#myaccount
- The first time you log in, select the Request Password option and use your email address that we have emailed you at previously/ you provided us.
- Your new password will be emailed to you. You can use it to log into the system.
- When you log in, you should see a folder with the name of your division. Click on the folder.
- You will now see all of the members of your division.
- In the top menu there is an Email tab. Select this tab.
- Choose who you would like to email by selecting people from the left side of the screen. The default is to email everyone.
- Input your subject and your email.
- Click Preview and Send.
- If you would like to add an attachment, click the “Click Here to Add Attachments” link.
- Click Send.
- To log out of the system, select the Organization Settings option on the left-most side of the screen. Then select Sign Out from the top tabs.
Division Chairs’ Council Meeting
The Division Chairs’ Council, headed by the ASAC VP Program, is the body through which divisions communicate with the ASAC Board of Directors. This annual meeting is an opportunity for the divisions to share feedback on the conference and ideas to improve processes involving the divisions. It is also an opportunity for divisional representatives to meet and network with each other.The intention of this conversation is that it be a strategic focus on how to continue to evolve the conference experience and continue to ensure its relevance and value to members. Participants are asked to think about opportunities to enhance the on-going viability of the conference, and ensure it is a valuable experience for all members. We encourage all divisional officers to attend if possible. A Divisional Editor who plans to move into the role of Division Chair may wish to attend to be informed about ASAC’s planned activities in the coming year.
Division Annual Meeting
Division annual meetings are typically held on the Sunday or Monday of the conference, following the division’s last paper session of the day. Program Coordinators should include the meeting time and date in the divisional program they submit to the conference chairs. The business that is conducted at this meeting typically includes:
- Presentation of divisional awards other than Best Paper
- A report by the Division Chair on the division’s activities over the past year, and on the activities leading up to the conference (e.g. number of papers submitted/accepted, number of reviewers involved)
- Discussion of issues arising out of the Divisional Chairs’ Council meeting or the ASAC board of directors meeting
- Discussion of activities for the division in the coming year
- Election for incoming Program Coordinator, and election for any other divisional officer position that is vacant
Division Chairs are encouraged to circulate an agenda for the meeting to the division’s membership in advance of the conference. Session chairs are also encouraged to announce the date, time, and location of the meeting at each of the division’s paper or symposium sessions.