Necessary qualifications, experience and skills:
- Canadian professional accounting designation, in good standing
- A relevant master’s degree or progress towards completion of relevant Master’s degree
- At least 5 years of experience teaching at university level. Versatility in teaching must be demonstrated through experience teaching a wide range of courses including both graduate and undergraduate courses and upper-level accounting electives such as assurance, consolidations, and taxation.
- Experience teaching in online and in person learning environments
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting student learning and engagement outside the classroom
- Evidence of active professional practice in at least two areas: publications, commissioned material for professional accounting education, creation of original pedagogical material for classroom use, and activities to disseminate teaching and learning strategies
The Faculty of Management has a long history of providing a world-class education and supporting innovative research leaders. A leader in experiential and work-integrated learning, we’re focused on being responsive to the world around us. Our research is relevant not just in our core areas, but also stretches across the University to fields like health, psychology, humanities, engineering, law, computer science, oceans, and agriculture. We are an inclusive community driven by curiosity, integrity, and discovery. We welcome and celebrate diverse perspectives.
Required materials below:
- Cover letter
- Recent CV
- Teaching Statement (one (1) page, reflective of your teaching philosophy and teaching interests).
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness and experience such as teaching evaluations, letters from colleagues or students, and/or research related to the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Commitment to diversity and equity statement (upload as “EDIA Statement”) (one (1) page, reflective of your perspectives on broadening participation, integrating multicultural experiences in pedagogical techniques/instruction and research to meet the needs of diverse constituents)
- List of references: Names and contact information of three (3) persons. Reference letters are not required at this stage.
Review of applications will begin March 2, 2023 and continue until the position is filled.