The Psychology Department at the University of Minnesota Duluth invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor or Associate Professor position in Industrial/Organizational Psychology. The appointment will start August 24, 2020. We are seeking a teacher/scholar who is committed to excellence in collegiate teaching, and who possesses the interest and ability to establish an active research program resulting in the creation and dissemination of knowledge. Research interests that address current changes in the workplace are preferred. To complement current faculty interests, areas of research experience might include, but are not limited to: attitude theory, measurement, and change; job evaluation and compensation; data analytics and measurement; and technology in the workplace.
Applicants for the tenure-track Assistant Professor position are required to have: Ph.D. in Psychology with a specialty in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or a highly related field completed by start date of appointment, evidence of a strong research agenda, and commitment to working with diverse populations and fostering diversity across campus.
Applicants for the position of Associate Professor must meet the requirements above and have a distinguished record of academic achievement (scholarly research, teaching, and service) that satisfies the criteria for Associate Professor status in the Department of Psychology at the University of Minnesota Duluth.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- teach courses in the department’s undergraduate (possible courses include Introduction to Industrial/Organizational Psychology; Organizational Psychology; Personnel Psychology; Social Psychology; Research Methods; Statistics) and graduate (Advanced Organizational Psychology; Advanced Personnel Psychology; Performance Evaluation and Management; Organizational Systems and Development; Personnel Training and Development; Research Methods and Evaluation; Advanced Statistics) programs;
- actively engage in research with undergraduate and graduate students;
- contribute to our Industrial/ Organizational track within our Master’s program, including supervision of graduate student research projects and applied projects;
- advise undergraduate and graduate students; and
- participate in departmental and university service.
Our department is comprised of an eclectic group of productive faculty, dedicated to our University’s mission of integrating liberal education, research, creative activity, and public engagement to prepare students to thrive as lifelong learners and globally engaged citizens. Our Masters of Arts in Psychology Science program includes tracks in Clinical Counseling, Experimental, and Industrial/Organizational Psychology. Information about the department may be found at http://www.d.umn.edu/psy. The University of Minnesota Duluth was recently ranked one of the top 50 regional universities in the Midwest (U.S. News & World Reports).
The city of Duluth, located approximately two and a half hours north of Minneapolis, is nationally ranked as one of the best and most affordable places to live and work. Perched on the shores of Lake Superior and surrounded by natural forests, Duluth offers some of the best outdoor recreational activities in the Midwest and boasts of thriving industries in technology, healthcare, aviation, and education.
The University of Minnesota requires applicants to apply online. For a complete job description and to apply for this position go to http://www1.umn.edu/ohr/employment/ and search for job opening 335129.
Review of complete applications will begin February 17, 2020, and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants needing a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact a University of Minnesota Access Consultant at 612-624-3316. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
For questions about the position or the application process, please contact the search chair: Dr. Julie Slowiak at 218-726-7116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.