UQAM is seeking qualified candidates to join its faculty and ensure quality development in all areas of activity.
The Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM) is world-renowned. In its research centers, cutting-edge research focused on social concerns is carried out, which contributes to its reputation. The School of Management (ESG UQAM) is UQAM’s largest faculty with 275 professors and 46 research units. The School of Management (ESG UQAM)’s Department of Organization and Human Resources is comprised of 48 professors from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds, including human resources management, organizational behavior, labour relations, industrial and organizational psychology, sociology of work, occupational health and safety, economics, organizational development, and social and collective business management. The work of its members in the field of labour relations is internationally recognized in the scientific community and among social actors.
All Department of Organization and Human Resources job postings can be found at https://orh.esg.uqam.ca/
• Perform research in labour relations and related fields
• Teach and supervise students at all academic levels in labour relations
• Perform community services (activities that contribute to the university’s operations and community outreach)
• Ph.D. in administration, industrial relations, employment and labour law, sociology of work, labour economics or other relevant field
• Experience and quality of research accomplishments in the field of labour relations
• Ability to disseminate research results as demonstrated by publications, scholarly communications and knowledge transfer activities
• Ability to teach at all academic levels in the field of labour relations, and in particular, courses
related to labour laws, collective agreements, collective bargaining and the Quebec labour relations system
• Knowledge of the Quebec or Canadian labour relations system
• Proven experience of the ability and skills to integrate into a multidisciplinary team and work collaboratively
• Fluent in French, both written and spoken*
* The successful candidate must demonstrate a functional mastery of the French language (ability to teach in French) before the starting date, with some exceptions. Adequate proficiency in the French language (level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) is required to obtain tenure in accordance with the provisions of the UQAM-SPUQ’s collective agreement. French-language classes may be offered.
• Practical experience in labour relations
• Teaching experience in professional programs (e.g., MBA)
STARTING DATE: June 1, 2022
SALARY: Based of the UQAM-SPUQ collective agreement
In order to be representative of Quebec society and determined to be enriched by its diversity, the University invites all qualified persons to submit their candidacy, in particular women, Aboriginal people, members of visible and ethnic minorities, as well as persons with disabilities, for the Equal Employment Opportunity Program. Persons from these groups are invited to self-identify when applying by completing the identification questionnaire at this address and attaching it to their application: www.rhu.uqam.ca/visiteurs/
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to those who have the necessary authorizations to work in Canada.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a detailed resumé in French, along with a cover letter (two pages maximum), student evaluations of teaching (if any), a summary of their research plan (three pages maximum), and three letters of reference (sent by the respondents directly to the Executive Secretary)
BEFORE 5 P.M. (EST) ON FEBRUARY 4, 2022 to:
Céline Warnier, Executive Secretary Department of Organization and Human Resources School of Management (ESG UQAM) Université du Québec à Montréal
Phone: 514 987-3000 ext 3396